Thursday, November 3, 2011

Asian Vacation

Sorry forgot the flash. But the background is nice!


I apparently put this on the wrong blog. So for those of you who weren't able to see this before. It's on here now. SORRY!

Steven and I went to Asia for 2 weeks! It was a complete blast! I don't think him and I have ever spent that much time together before. We went to Taiwan for a day and a half (Supposed to be 3 days, but stupid airlines made us miss our connecting flight) But we got to be with Sterling and MingChu. For the little bit we were there it was amazing! We crammed so much stuff in! I'm just glad I had the camera to remember it all. Scooters to say the least dominate the streets and driving...I'm just glad Sterling was driving and not one of us. You won't believe it either, but the picture is taken right in the middle of the city. I can't wait to go back! I definitely want the kids to come and experience this for themselves. I'm not going to go into detail cause if I do. Then this post is going to turn out into an novel!

So after Taiwan we flew to Shanghai China where we stayed for one night and then got on our cruise ship. Shanghai is definitely very "modern" and has a lot of crazy new things going on. All the buildings were lit up and even the highway was lit up with bright neon blue lights. It was something I have never seen before.Legend of the Seas. It was a smaller one of their ships, but still was way fun! It was a 9 day cruise with 4 ports. Our first port was Vladivostok, Russia. We only got a 3 hour walking tour, but it was fun to see some old buildings and what some of the local people do.After that we went to Bousan, South Korea. There we at least got a 7 1/2 hour tour there and were still only able to get a glimpse of it all. It was very beautiful there. From there we were able to go to Fukuoka Japan. At this port we got to stay for 1 1/2 days. Which was really nice! We got to see everything we wanted, plus some. For half of the first day I seriously felt like a fish out of water. I actually looked like everyone else for a change, but didn't speak the language and definitely not the same culture. It was a little hard for me cause it was something I have never felt before. In Utah I feel Asian, but in Japan...I definitely felt like a tourist. And it was really funny when people would look at me when they spoke and Steven would be the one talking. It was way cool though to finally have authentic Japanese food. Steven got us to some really great places! His Japanese came back pretty quickly too. It was fun to hear him speak again. The last stop was JeJu Island. Here too we only got a 3 hr tour. This place I really would have loved to spend more time there. It was gorgeous and lots to see. It was very beautiful. Very different from the rest of the places too. It was more country than city. Which gave it a different feel from all the rest.

The cruise originally had us going to Sapporo. (Where Steven served his mission), but at the last minute they decided to not go there. It was huge let down!! That was the main reason we booked the cruise. But now I know if we decide to go to Sapporo we will just go straight there and not do a cruise. So that went back onto our bucket list. :) But hopefully soon we will be able to go. I would love to see Sapporo!

That is just a quick summary of our trip. I have over 1000 photos and wouldn't know where to start if I put them on here. It was way fun and definitely something I would love to do again.

No comments: