Thursday, September 8, 2011

Summer Months Catch Up

Wow where to begin! All I have to say...It's been a crazy summer! Also just so that you all know.  I am going to delete Dallin and Landon's blogs...Way too much to keep up on. I might keep my red swallow blog, but not sure if it's worth it or not. And most people just come on here and check anyways. Well...Where to begin!

August has been absolutely NUTS!! Steven was pretty much gone 24/7 and things have finally started to slow down...for now. August was full of fun events too!! Including our 5 year anniversary, my 26th birthday, Kemuel's 30th birthday, my nephew Jaren's 10th birthday, Buffy's birthday on the 25th, and My Parents' 38th anniversary! It was a crazy month in all sorts of ways. I really haven't had time to write on here. Steven has also started to relocate his kitchen. Which in itself has been quite the task on top of non stop events, and all the fun-ness of business.

June and July has pretty much too been a crazy whirlwind when all the relocating stuff started and the kids with more birthdays and phew so much stuff!!

So I guess just to catch up on everything now. Steven has been called as the 2nd Counselor in the Sunday School Presidency and I have been called to be the Ward Choir Director. Wow is that a task! It's been fun though to finally have a calling again and feel needed.

At the beginning of this week we went to Phoenix to pick up a walk-in cooler for Steven's new place and did a little one day vacation down there. We did the...Summit hike. Dallin is such a trooper. It was a 1.2 mile hike with straight up switchbacks and he did the whole thing. We also met some really nice people who helped us down. Since it was dark and we had no flashlights they stayed with us and made sure we made it. Haha Steven had Dallin on his shoulder like a tuba and I carried Landon like a dead animal across my shoulders. Needless to say...I was quite in pain the next day. BUT!! Definitely created a family memory.

Then here on Monday we will be leaving to visit Sterling and MingChu in Taiwan! We are so excited to see them and spend some time with them. It will be a very deserved break! Then we get to go on a 9 day cruise to Asia. I'm pretty excited and nervous all at the same time. I have never been out of the country before and I'm going to Taiwan, China, Japan, Russia and South Korea....man!! I can't wait though. This will be our Honeymoon we never got...lol Word of ADVICE!!! NEVER GO CAMPING ON YOUR HONEYMOON!! :) Anyways...this should be a fun endeavor. I'm still so scared to leave my kids for this long. I have never left Landon before for more than a weekend. So I'm all sorts of mixed emotions. I have never really spent this much time with Steven before either. So lots of fun heading my way! Scary thing too...it's not far away!! I felt like this was really never going to happen and I'm leaving this MONDAY!! Wow!! Time certainly flies by fast when there's so much going on.

Well I guess I know what I am writing about when I get back! Also the kids are doing awesome! Landon is starting to spout sentences and I can actually understand him. Also when I ask him a question he will either say no or nod to say yes. So it's been fun watching him grow and see how much more he is getting. Also Dallin is my big boy and keeps asking me to go to school. But I am going to hold off and just wait for Kindergarten next year. I want my baby for one more year. I know once they start that time flies even faster. He's getting really good with his pronunciation and he's even starting to sing. :) It's way cute to hear him try and copy songs. He's not so little anymore..Waaaahhaaaa!! He's is an awesome big brother. Granted they are starting to fight more, but the times they have fun together is priceless!!

No comments: